It is our goal to make selling as easy as possible. In this blog we will write some tips to follow in order to find your designer item a new loving home. As following we will answer questions:
HOW TO START SELLING @ ELVOGUE.COM?
That’s the easy one - in order to sell @ elvogue.com, you need to register and create a seller account. You can do it HERE by adding relevant information on registration page.
WHAT BRANDS CAN BE SOLD @ ELVOGUE.COM?
Over the years we have created the brand selection based on the feedback from our customers and the sales statistics. You can find the full list HERE.
Now you just have to take a look around in your wardrobe and choose the items you wish to sell. In case you have a cool brand item that is not in the brands list, just list it under “Other Brands”.
DOES IT HAVE TO BE AN AUTHENTIC DESIGNER ITEM?
Let’s make it clear – we have zero tolerance regarding fake or replica designer items.
HOW TO CREATE A LISTING?
Once you are registered and confirmed as seller, just log in to your account and on the left-side menu choose “Sell an item”. Fill in all the required information, write a killer product description, add the pictures, set a price and you are almost set.
After you’ve completed the previous step, your listing application has reached us. We will check the data, photos and the price and if there is something missing, we’ll send you a request for data update. Sometimes we suggest you take better pictures if the pictures do not convey the true awesomeness of the product. Or if we see that on the product there is a little detail that would make your item more desirable to the buyers if you have a clear picture of it.
If all is good and ready to go, we’ll send the listing online for the buyers to browse.
HOW TO WRITE A PRODUCT DESCRIPTION?
Be creative, it does not have to be long and no one expects it to be in haiku :). Just write down everything you think is important and would interest a buyer. If the item has some defects or visible signs of wear, don’t forget to mention them in detail.
HOW TO TAKE QUALITY PHOTOS?
You don’t have to own a professional camera to make quality photos. Today we can make killer photos with our phones, but we do have some recommendations for you to consider:
- Light - The best photos always come in daylight or using bright laps.
- Background - Choose the lightest and un-patterned background to focus on the product
- Details - If the items have details to highlight, make sure to capture them as well. As they say so lovingly - details, details, details.
- Defects - If there are some defects or sign of use, makes sure to take a picture of them as well, so the buyer is well aware of the condition the item is in.
Make sure to take at least 3 pictures from different angles to show most of the item- this will ensure that the buyers are interested in your listing.
And the last, but not the least important tip- make the pictures with as good quality as possible. Buyers often wish to zoom in the picture to take a better look of the item.
HOW TO PRICE THE LISTING?
Our customers have come to us for a pricing advice quite often. What we have learned is that besides the monetary value, products often come with an emotional value as well. So when pricing an item we suggest to follow these rules:
- The customer who is buying reused products often expects much lower pricing compared to retail. For example clothing and shoes around 50%, for bags it might be less. Of course it all comes down to the fact how trendy the product is at the moment. For some products the selling price might be even above retail price (rarities)
- Even if you have a new product with tags, we still recommend to price it lower then on the pricetag.
- When you have doubts about the price, you can always list a bit higher at first.
And remember – our buyers have a possibility to make you price offers!
WHAT DOES THE PRODUCT CONDITION DESCRIPTION MEAN?
When creating a listing, you gave 4 options to choose to describe the condition of your item.
- BRAND NEW – new and unworn items with original tags.
- LIKE NEW – no signs of wear. Worn only a couple of times.
- GENTLY WORN - the item has been worn several times. Signs of wear. No major flaws or defects.
- MUCH LOVED - much loved and worn item with clear signs of wear. No defects unless stated otherwise in product description.
IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I NEED TO KNOW?
In case you have any questions or recommendations how to be better, don’t hesitate to contact us hello(at)elvogue.com and we will answer you shortly.
Last updated November 5th 2019